‘How to get your first job in television’ by Connect2TVCoaching is an online course designed to inform and educate you on the knowledge you need to succeed within the industry.
This course is for anyone who would like to gain paid work within the UK’s television industry.
The course is suited for anyone, so if you work within a different industry, are a student or graduate or even unemployed you will find this course useful.
Derived from our television employability masterclass workshops we have held in London, we wanted our information to be more accessible to those across the UK and globally so therefore have created the course to help all who want to gain paid work within the television do just that!
The course contains 10 video lectures with 4 pdf materials including a CV Template and Example, Cover Letter Example, Website Directory and Interview Preparation sheet with additional resources which you can have unlimited access too at any time.
Each video is based around TV specific content from entry level roles to on the job advice and everything in between.
The online course is 1hour – 1hour 30mins dependent on how long you take for the activities.
You will come across some activities that you are encouraged to join in and complete using your own notebook and pen.
What you will learn
- What entry level jobs are, what are the common opportunities and routes in.
- Where to look for entry level jobs and which are the right jobs you should be looking for.
- How much to expect to be paid at entry level
- The difference in application style when applying for advertised and unadvertised jobs.
- How to write a CV which makes employers want to hire you on the spot
- How to write a cover letter which makes employers stop and take notice
- Interview techniques
- On the job advice